ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
iancbradley
Regular MemberPosts: 112
Like?
Cathedral Interiors - help me improve?
Oct 17, 2012

Hi everyone

Looking back through a few of my recent trips, I see I have enjoyed taking pictures of the interiors of cathedrals & churches.  I wouldn't say it's my one photography passion, but I suppose I like the subject matter and I enjoy looking for strong graphical images, interesting lighting and abstract ideas, I like hunting out little storytelling 'details' and I also like working in low light generally.

If you'd like to take a look at the gallery I put together, I'd love to hear your C&C.  Of course I am wrestling with a fairly old camera with indifferent low light performance (EOS350D) and in these locations it's not normally acceptable to use flash or a tripod, so I am always hunting around for ways to 'stretch' the available light, or find camera support nearby (like pillars or church pews).

Is there anyone else out there who has tried similar shots, and want to share experience?  Any suggestions for technique, especially composition or lighting? (Apart from 'take a tripod' or 'get a new camera') Any links to galleries of other (better) photographers to give me some inspiration?

Gallery album here

And my three favourites here:

Thanks for looking & commenting.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow