ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
idolized
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Time Lapse Photography, City/star/cloudscapes, low light settings DSLR
Oct 17, 2012

Hello DPR!
I am getting more and more interested in photography, more so time lapse. I'm currently enrolled into my second year in college. I am majoring in Post Production, video editing. I use the cameras the our school offers, but I would love something for personal use.
I've done much research but yet I find my self always asking questions.
Now, I don't have much money and upgrading lenses will be quite expensive. I'm looking into being an avid hobbyist. 
So far the camera that I thought would meet my needs was the
Sony A77, I read that the kit lens on this camera was far the best kit lens people have ever gotten. The only worry I have is that the camera itself is breaking 1,000 USD!
I'm not sure if this camera is worth it, that possibly a cheaper camera could give me great results too.
So I continued looking.
After a week I found the
Nikon D5100 and the Nikon D3200.
These both seem like great choices, but still..this is a big purchase! Also that the continouous shot fps is only 4fps? I don't think that would be good for time lapse
Here are some videos that I take great inspiration from:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlRwfn071OY&feature=plcp
and here he uses a Pentax Q!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pymw8WjDVPA&feature=plcp
SO I want to ask the lovely people of DPR for some help, please
My budget is 600, but I'll be willing to go up to 1,000 if I can get a good lens(es) for low light settings. 
Thank you

Nikon D3200 Nikon D5100 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow