Disappointed in Beach Camera - 24-70 II topic

Started Oct 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Ken Sarno
Forum MemberPosts: 67Gear list
Like?
Re: Disappointed in Beach Camera - 24-70 II topic
In reply to Rick Knepper, Oct 17, 2012

Over the past weekend I replied "Thank You" to the original post in the following thread:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/50059333

It listed a link to Beach Camera's web site, and gave a promo code of "Beachtoberfest30" for $30 off.

I immediately followed that link and ordered a 24-70 ii that is now in Fed Ex's hands somewhere in indiana and will arrive on the west coast tomorrow Thursday.

The price I paid Beach Camera was 2299 - 30 = 2269. I paid $15.00 for expedited shipping, bringing the total to about $2284.

On this thread: when I responded "Me Too" (NT) to the poster who said he bought one for $2299 on Beach Camera's ebay store over the weekend, perhaps I should have been more clear...I was only responding to the 'Beach Camera' part of his post, not the ebay part. I did in fact purchase a 24-70 f2.8l ii brand new for slightly less than $2299 on Saturday October 13 from Beach Camera's web site. They shipped it on Monday 10/15.

The link in the original post (the one about the "Beachtoberfest" promo code) still seems to be good and still leads to the same page where the lens is in stock...only now the price shown is $2899.

This is a screen-grab taken a few minutes ago from my Beach Camera account page. The image is quite small but legible...you may have to zoom it. Note that the promo code is acknowledged in red.

Beach Camera is definitely messing with the price; but they were also definitely selling this lens for $2299 on this past Saturday.

-- hide signature --

Ken S.

Ken Sarno's gear list:Ken Sarno's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow