since when did this stop being a real camera site?

Started Oct 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
Gordon W
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,540Gear list
Like?
Re: since when did this stop being a real camera site?
In reply to dholl, Oct 17, 2012

dholl wrote:

Bill Force wrote:

I suppose you don't see the radical change in the overall site since Phil left, it is a far cry from the site I originally joined?  Considering that you are part of the radical change, I don't wonder that you don't see the difference.

Simon has been in the game at least as long as Phil, and has been key DPR staff for about 10 years (that is 3 years longer than you've been a forum member).

Actually, Simon has been a key DPR staff member for 8 years, not 10 (from DPR's "About us" page..."He joined dpreview.com in 2004 as reviews editor"). I have been here for 10 years and I agree with Bill's statement above. At one time, DPR reviews were useful for making buying decisions on new cameras. That is no longer the case (their Previews are virtually useless for that purpose) and for the last few cameras I've bought have been forced to use other sites to get the needed information. DPR should be embarrassed that they no longer are useful for what was once their main strength.

-- hide signature --

Regards, Gordon
_
Photography since 1950 • Digital since 1999
My online photo galleries

Gordon W's gear list:Gordon W's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F550 EXR Canon PowerShot S100 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Canon EOS 400D +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OnlyNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow