Not sure if I did the right thing... from Canon 5D3 to D700?

Started Oct 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bruno3
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Re: Not sure if I did the right thing... from Canon 5D3 to D700?
In reply to Rumi Siddiqui, Oct 17, 2012

Hi Rumi !

What a funny circumstance, I am a new member of the dpreview and, I entered the forum in order to ask the same questions as you just had, the only difference between us is that, I haven't purchased the D700 model yet, but seriously consider the move. I have question to members who are experienced photographers, especially Nikon owners. What should I do then...? I have never owned a high class , full frame camera like D700 or D800. I recently visited a local photo shop and had a close look and touch on D600, D700, and D800, and must honestly say that the highest number impressed me most in therms of handling, the grip and size of the body (slightly thicker) and significantly lighter than its predecessor. Still, I am not much into video, that feature on D800 is not important to me, also the price difference makes sense, since I could purchase for the difference a good quality lens. All in one, is it worth in my situation pay over thousend dollars more for the advanced technology, which also will require more investment in new generation laptop and other accessories ? Besides the body handling advantage, I also enjoy the two slots for SD and CF cards, but is that enough to pay so much more, especially if I am only an amateur photographer.

The 36.3 Megapixels count is good for professionals and those who really have had enough experience with high end cameras, possibly users of D700.

My plan is to purchase a new D700 camera and after several years of use, I will change for something much smaller in size, mirrorless technology that certainly will be in place  on the market in the next few years as the best option to all.

Please let me know what you think, thanks.

Brunon

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow