K-5 II and IIs availability? Should I just get a K-5?

Started Oct 17, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sgtsween
Regular MemberPosts: 179Gear list
Like?
K-5 II and IIs availability? Should I just get a K-5?
Oct 17, 2012

This has probably been asked numerous times, but does ANYONE have any scoop on when the K-5 II and IIs will hit the street? I am flying to the US for a week or so tonight, and want to pick one up while I'm there. Any idea on the new 18-270 lens?

Another relevant question is.... Since I'm interested in the K-5 II (versus the S) would I be better served picking up the standard K-5, or does the II have that much better of a sensor and AF?

A little background... This would be my first DSLR. I've had a film SLR, and currently shoot with an Olympus EPL-1 and Fuji X100. I was holding out for the Fuji XE1, but I mainly want a good DSLR for birding, and the K-5 is just about perfect with the weather sealing. My X100 will be my street camera, and the K-5 would be for situations where I need durability. This would be my second Pentax as I had an old Optio WR years ago that served me very well.

sgtsween's gear list:sgtsween's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Pentax K-5 Pentax Q Pentax K-01 Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED +8 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-E1 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-5 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow