Started Oct 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
moimoi
Senior MemberPosts: 2,915Gear list
Like?
Re: Comparison?
In reply to Nordstjernen, Oct 17, 2012

Nordstjernen wrote:

TrojMacReady wrote:

You're comparing heavily downsampled processed RAW shots with OOC jpegs in different conditions. Hard to take seriously.

I would not say he is comparing. He is looking for what he wants to see, and he carefully pick samples to support his point of view.

Not comparing.  But I looked at the noise pattern from two cameras equipped with the same sensor, and what I see from the a99 remains unimpressive, whereas I like what I see from the D600.  I am a Sony shooter but probably not a fanboy.

I have never seen him comparing indentical shots, just random images for which we don't know anything about light level and exposure. Also he doesn't care about exposure & light level, contrast, sharpness, color etc., which all has to be taken in account when comparing raw, since there is so much going on in-camera before the raw data is written.

Nope, because it is mostly useless to do so.  Yes, you can shoot in a lab, look at some dull photos taken with both cameras with the same focal length at the same ISO, but those circumstances are absolutely not practical, and does not give any hint of performances for real-life photography.

In the meantime, I invite you to check some real-life photography (I confess those samples are not artistically interesting) at the IR website, and check for yourself.  Keep in mind a photo is worth 1000 words.

-- hide signature --

All harsh, impolite and/or unreasonable replies will be simply ignored.
Measurebators are out of my world, photography is not about babbling behind a computer... but rather being out of your home, shoot and share photographs with other people. Shoot and Share...Thanks.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
nt..New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow