ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
S. Miller
Contributing MemberPosts: 600
Like?
Focal Point for Landscapes?
Oct 17, 2012

Hi,

For all of you landscape photographers, I have a really basic question. Where do you focus? (yes, I know that's not really a simple question)

In the photo below, I believe I focused on the red tree but am not certain. This question isn't necessarily for this shot, but I've always wondered what the best place is to focus when you have a scene like this. I shot at f/8 (or f/9) so there should be a huge depth of field (possibly diffraction?). I know that when I viewed this photo as well as others from the shoot, it was great at normal magnification but less so at 100%. I assume it will print well so this isn't a pixel peeping question. Instead it's more for future use as to what's the best way to get a full scene like this in focus. I also assume that I don't want to go beyond f/8 because of diffraction.

Thanks,

Steve

P.S. C&C are most definitely welcome. I don't think the EXIF is showing up but I used my 12-50 at f/8 or 9, with a shutter probably around 1/200.

My evening commute

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow