Not sure if I did the right thing... from Canon 5D3 to D700?

Started Oct 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rumi Siddiqui
Regular MemberPosts: 194Gear list
Like?
Not sure if I did the right thing... from Canon 5D3 to D700?
Oct 17, 2012

I've been debating for the past several months between the 5D3 and D800, and then between the D800/D600, but I don't know what came over me, last night. I was on eBay, and I saw a mint condition D700 that was purchased in early 2012 with warranty remaining, and I nabbed it for $1600, which included the grip and two batteries. I had plenty of funds leftover, and went ahead purchased the 70-200 VRII. aI think I'm going to grab an SB-910 today too. I just got to thinking, I don't feel like dealing with the headache of a questionable D800 which costs $3000, which will force me to change my technique, and I wasn't too fond of the D600 ergonomics and button placement. I know the D700 is old tech, but the consistency of beautiful pics produced by this machine is amazing. I just like the way the images look, and my Mac Pro will slice through 12mp like i better. I figured this time around, I'd opt for better glass, and maybe hold out for a true D700 successor in the mean time. I can't wait for it to arrive. This will be my first Nikon. What do you guys think? I'm second guessing myself a bit, and I've never actually used a D700. I think I'm looking more forward to the 70-200mm VR II.

Rumi Siddiqui's gear list:Rumi Siddiqui's gear list
Nikon D810 Carl Zeiss Apo Sonnar T* 2/135 Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | A +10 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D600 Nikon D700 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow