Started Oct 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
widick
Forum MemberPosts: 80
Like?
X10 Filter Results
Oct 17, 2012

This posting is in response to a request generated by an earlier posting on this subject.  I have now taken a number of photos of my office wall using the X10 with Marumi 40mm clear and CPL filters and the Fuji lens hood.  I had intended to attach the photos to this posting but have been unable to do so.  I have not had this problem prior to the new Forums format.  In any event, my conclusion from these photos is that either of the filters or the lens hood may be used by itself. without any discernible increase in vignetting.  Stacking the filters or a filter and the lens hood does however, produce additional vignetting.  In the case of my X10 this showed up as a very small black area in the extreme bottom left corner of the frame only ( suggesting some decentering in the camera ).  I plan to keep the 40mm Marumi lens on the camera for protection.  It fits in the dedicated Fuji case with the lens cap attached.  When I want to use other filters, I'll remove the 40mm filter and use the lens hood with it's 52mm filter adapter.  Anyone know why I can't upload my photos to the Forum ?

Fujifilm X10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow