Started Oct 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ivar Dahl Larsen
Regular MemberPosts: 370Gear list
Like?
For what it is worth.
Oct 17, 2012

In my world, I emphasize in my world, the mft system shall never surpass or substitute full format. The mft system is great, light, small and very comfortable system. But in given situations it will not cover or rather achieve certain results that one is after, in regard to speed but mostly debt of field. Depending on what one prefers with her / his photography of course. Now here I again emphasize my type of photography, which I believe does not differ too much from many photographers through- out the world. In order to illustrate what I mean, I attach a photograph ( just a simple example ) of what I mean. I wanted to include a little of the tree, the person, the fence and diffuse the background situated quite some meters / yards if you like, away from the focus area. I used a G5, ( lovely little camera ) and a Panasonic 20mm equivalent 40mm on full format at aperture 1,8 ISO 160. Done in raw format and not done anything else to it but converted to jpeg. No sharpening or like I said anything else.I did it this very morning here in Norway, before the sun shone through. Just to tell we have that as well.

I assume that; at the same given aperture, same prospective on a full format, the background would have been severely diffused as I would have wanted in most cases. Should I on the other hand master this with a MFT system, I would have to use a tele lens, ( not knowing which ) and still trying to have the same prospective. Would I have succeeded? I doubt it. My point is and it should be clear by now, that none of the systems covers all, both are actually needed. Have a nice autumn everyone.

-- hide signature --

idl

Ivar Dahl Larsen's gear list:Ivar Dahl Larsen's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow