Started Oct 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
showmetheprime
Regular MemberPosts: 193
Like?
Another reason to leave Canon behind...70-200 f/4 coming next week
Oct 17, 2012

http://nikonrumors.com/2012/10/17/breaking-nikon-70-200mm-f4-lens-with-next-generation-vr-to-be-announced-next-week.aspx/

Personally I don't see the pull of an f/4 zoom because I'm just not prepared to compromise IQ and would rather shoot with a prime or two (I actually own the 70-200 f/2.8 VRII which is in fairness a magnificent zoom, especially around 105-135mm).  However, there is no doubt that this lens is another massive dent in any reason to continue to stick with Canon and I can understand why a lot of people have been asking for a lens like this.  It's a great strategy move from Nikon who seem to be going for Canon's jugular...

If there is any reason to own a zoom, it's certainly at the telephoto end and given the latest technology will be going into this, it's big news for those thinking about cameras like the D600 who are coming from DX land or from other manufacturers.  Another mega seller from Nikon no doubt...

Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow