Found this mark on my D600's sensor. How do you think it got there?

Started Oct 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
salamander1
Senior MemberPosts: 1,008
Like?
Re: The mark returns! =(
In reply to Dan, Oct 17, 2012

Dan wrote:

UPDATE: The mark is back!

I've started a new thread about it.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/50081412

Dan wrote:

I decided to blow some dust off of the sensor when I noticed dust spots in my images, and to my shock, I discovered this when I looked at the sensor. I have never exposed the sensor or touched it with anything before.

I've contacted Nikon about it and sent them a picture. I'm awaiting their reply. I'm still within the return period at Amazon (until October 23), so I'm not sure what I should do. If I have it sent back to Amazon, it won't cost me a penny but if I send it to Nikon, I would have to pay to ship it, and who knows if they'll fix it. They might tell me that I made it dirty and charge me for a cleaning or even worse, the AA filter might need to be replaced.

I love this camera, and I've noticed no effect from the mark on my images (but maybe if I look for it, I will find it now). I really hope it didn't come from something inside the camera hitting it (like an engineering flaw).

I found this mark on my D600's sensor

you mean the exact same mark appeared in the exact same place again? that's fascinating.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow