HOT: Magic Lantern cracks the Canon EOS 7D!

Started Sep 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
jpr2
Forum ProPosts: 13,730
Like?
re: initial state of settings and minor ML version differences ?
In reply to epl17d50, Oct 17, 2012

epl17d50 wrote:

Hi again jpr2

Thanks for your time man.

My being afraid to fiddle around got the better of me.

Anyway to make a short story a bit longer - I was frustrated after more than a dozen tries. I wondered why in the ML video the LCD instantly went to live view after installation while mine went sensor cleaning. And after which there was no way I could get into an ML view. The delete button flashed something and it went straight into the ML menu.

I suspected that either my delete button was already bad or that my CF cards were already old. So I went to buy a new card and then repeated the procedures. The same result.

I gave up and just idly fiddled around with the left buttons until I got into the info button. I pressed it mindlessly until voila! the magic lantern screen appeared.

Lesson learned: A little curiosity can help.

so all in all we all have learned - hard as I try it was not possible for me to replicate your results = obviously the initial state of configuration of various settings in which 7d is powered ON counts a lot, and perhaps while we both downloaded the same alpha ML software, there might be differences in the actual version as folks over there are working on it pretty hard

jpr2

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow