Epson r3000 non-OEM inks & Advanced B&W Mode?

Started Oct 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Apotheker
Regular MemberPosts: 438
Like?
Re: Epson r3000 non-OEM inks & Advanced B&W Mode?
In reply to Mike Dobbs, Oct 17, 2012

Another very good ABW-ink is the latest Inkrepublic.com's IRK4-nano Vivid. Well that is: the latest, as Inkrepublic.com strangely enough does not label their bottles and I suggest you to ask explicitely for their latest batch. The problem is their prior batch will cause a strange greenish cast in the ABW-mode. I had some minor clogging problems with my previous older batch with the PK and C in my Epson Pro 3800. despite the very good gamut, so I changed to the OCP K3 pigment ink, but this ink suffers from a dramatic gamut drop. Now in my new Epson Pro 3880 (vivid version) I changed again to Inkrepublic.com and they have guaranteed me the ABW-mode is now perfect, which is true. Also until now after a few months usage I never had a single clog, which the older batch sometimes suffers from time to time.

Also the Inkrepublic.com's PK is just superb in blackness, equivalent to the Inkjetfly PK, which I also have tested. So if you do not want any color cast in your ABW-mode, without any need to tweak the color wheel to counter any potential color shifts.

-- hide signature --

Crazy about printing, profiling and refilling printer cartridges

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow