Started Oct 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rick decker
Forum ProPosts: 11,856
Like?
A few pictures from a mainland trip
Oct 17, 2012

I spent several days in Northern California and Oregon..trying to avoid the haze from the numerous fires that were (are) all over the west coast.  I started in Portland, drove to Smith Rock where visibility was so bad that I could barely see it from the highway, then over to Painted Hills, down to Crater Lake, over to Humboldt Redwoods State Park, a stop in Chico to see my daughter, and then over to Point Reyes National Seashore.  About 2000 miles in 11 days.  Haze was a problem in Crater Lake, Painted Hills and even to some extent on the coast near the redwoods.

I took the SD1M and the DP2M with me. The DP2M, like its non-M predecessor, consistently delivers high-quality razor-sharp images with very little CA.  Need I say more?  Only downside is the my battery counts are going the wrong way - i.e. down instead of up.

Full-size images are at:Full-size DP2M Images

DP2M Crater Lake

SD1M are downs-sized and are at:  SD1M Images

SD1 Painted Hills

Despite the smoke and haze following me around (it seemed like), there was some really beautuiful scenery.  Crater Lake is  nothing short of spectacular and has great photo ops.  I didn't stay long (2hrs) due to haze).  The Rogue River is another spectacular area (no pix sorry).

Enjoy

Sigma DP2 Sigma SD1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow