Best settings for underwater shots with NEX-5

Started Oct 16, 2012 | Questions thread
DLutzer
Regular MemberPosts: 135Gear list
Like?
Re: Best settings for underwater shots with NEX-5
In reply to twe69, Oct 17, 2012

twe69 wrote:

Hi guys, have noticed a few threads about waterproof cases a few months ago (tried to reply on one of them but number of posts were maxed out).

Anyway I have purchased the Meikon 40m waterproof case for the 16mm lens.....

Any tips using it underwater on honeymoon? Will be snorkelling in shallow water.....

Also using the addon flash will be ok underwater?

How have people helped to remove the fog due to moisture?

Need to get a replacement case though as this one came out with a crack at the bottom by the tripod mount as if tightened on too much....... Or is it possible to repair it? Have told the seller already, waiting on an answer.

1 I would never risk my camera in a housing with a crack in it.  And you may want to get camera insurance.

2 buy moisture munchers. Small packets that can go in with the camera. And put the camera in the housing in a cool room. The condensation on the outside will disappear once put into water

3. The flash may not fit in the housing ( I don't know much about this housing) and while a flash is preferable it is not critical if you are only few couple of feet under water Especially if it is a sunny day. Shoot in raw and you can always process afterwards.

Good luck!

DLutzer's gear list:DLutzer's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow