HS30EXR or X-S1?

Started Oct 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
coaltrain
Regular MemberPosts: 208
Like?
Re: HS30EXR or X-S1?
In reply to PAUL TILL, Oct 17, 2012

PAUL TILL wrote:

Joms, we know you like your HS30 and that's fine, but when it come to build quality it doesn't hold a candle to the X-S1.

The X-S1 doesn't even look out of place sitting beside a D7000

Yes I know the X-S1 is expensive but when you hold one in your hand you can see why, the HS series just look and feel cheap, even if it took better pictures than the X-S1 I wouldn't buy one.

Paul.

After hours of pouring over the forums and example pics, I finally pulled the trigger on an xs-1 this evening. While yes, IQ is king, the build quality and "feel" of a camera in my hands is almost as important to me. I've owned an x10 for ~6 months now and just love it, so I steered myself to the xs-1 since it is from the same series. I also own 2 Pentax K-5's and a bunch of glass, and one of the leading attributes for me with the K-5 is also the build quality and beautiful shutter sound.

The xs-1 is not meant to compete with my Pentax gear - only to compliment it. I just can't get away from those Fuji colors!

-- hide signature --

~Stan~

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow