G15- Initial Thoughts

Started Oct 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
MicekyVee
Forum MemberPosts: 68Gear list
Like?
Re: G15- Initial Thoughts
In reply to Shara90, Oct 17, 2012

Well said. I pretty much had the same initial thoughts. On that note, I went to see the G15 today and was impressed by the overall ergonomics.  Build quality seems to feel better and I really don't have any preference to the articulating screen.  Actually, it drove me a little crazy on the G12 shooting at weird angles. YMMV. I have a great relationship with my camera shop and ended up trading in my G12 for the G15.  Hopefully I'll get some shooting in this weekend.

I was overall pretty happy with the G12 and if it has a 1-2 stop advantage in the noise arena, I'm pretty much sold.  I'm getting too lazy to carry around the 7D all of the time so I'm hoping that the G15 will cover off my everyday shooting.. city scape, architecture, some scenic, street shooting, etc. For the planned important shoots, the 7D will be with me but I'm hoping the G15 will take care of the bulk of everything else.

We'll see how things go this weekend.

MicekyVee's gear list:MicekyVee's gear list
G1 X II Nikon 1 V3 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-100mm f/4.5-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 PD-Zoom +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow