Started Oct 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
phoman
Contributing MemberPosts: 874
Like?
D800 I like it and then I hate it.....
Oct 16, 2012

Well, my wedding season is almost over and I have shot about 23 weddings exclusively with 2 D800's one is with 24mm f1.4 and the other one 85mm f1.4. D800 is awesome when it nails the focus and it does it well like 85% for me but these other 15% is what I struggle with. It would not focus correctly no matter what I do with it on the person if behind that person is overpowering light, like too much light in the background as it constantly focus on a higher contrast subjects leaving my main subject out of focus. I would have to shoot at F3.2 at least to get my subject in focus, my D3s has no problem with it at all shooting at f1.4. The continuous focus is also not what I was hoping for, I expected better. Shooting wide open f1.4 at infinity on both lenses is a pain too, like if I am on the balcony shooting the bridal party down at the stage, the center is 50% not always in focus, again on my D3s I have no problem, do any of you experience this, and yes I calibrated my lenses. Any input please?

Thank you!

-Yuriy

http://www.yuriysphotography.com/

Nikon D3S Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow