A great way to lift shadows

Started Feb 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
Chuck Lantz
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,971Gear list
Like?
Re: A great way to lift shadows
In reply to detectorman, Oct 16, 2012

I'm going to offer what is probably a truly oddball comment on the two photos shown as samples of the shadow lifting.

While I understand that they were chosen to show the results using the program, in my opinion the second image, with the shadows lightened, makes the resulting photo look unreal and artificial.  When I view it, I can't help wonder where the light on the houses is coming from.  Logically, it can't be from the sky, since there wouldn't be enough reflected light from the sky to produce the amount of light on the houses.

The same goes for the color of the light on the houses, which should more closely resemble the gray-blue of the clouds and sky.

I obviously am being way too wonkish.  Sorry.

-- hide signature --

"I'm hooked on The Look"
"If they're not screaming at you to get out of the way, you're not close enough" - I thought this was original, but it's very close to what someone else said. Oh, well.
"Not to compete whole-heartedly, with a will to win, degrades the sport and insults the competition" - anonymous Olympic long-distance runner
"Mongo not know ... Mongo just pawn in game of life." - Mongo
http://www.ChuckLantz.com

Chuck Lantz's gear list:Chuck Lantz's gear list
Nikon D2X Nikon D700 Sigma SD9 Sigma SD14 Sigma SD15 +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow