Stunned by µ4/3 print quality Locked

Started Oct 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
SammyToronto
Regular MemberPosts: 118Gear list
Re: Stunned by µ4/3 print quality
In reply to sansbury, Oct 16, 2012

sansbury wrote:

I finally got my Epson 3880 set up and was able to run a few 17x22 prints from my recent road trip taken with my OM-D, and I am positively blown away by how good they look. I think there's a difference in how I look at prints versus on-screen pixel peeping, because so many of the flaws I see onscreen seem to fall away when I'm looking at the print.

Anyway, long story short, the quality of these prints is way beyond anything I got out of my Nikon FM-2 back in the film days, even doing my own B&W processing or professionally-made Ilfochrome prints from transparencies. Couldn't be happier with the overal system.

I'm not surprised you're stunned by your OMD pictures print quality; even my lowly epm1/epl1 produce surprisingly good large prints from high ISO pics that look noisy on the screen. Granted, in ISO 1000+ images you do start noticing the noise if you print larger than 8x10, but you have to put the printed image right at your nose (and be very near-sighted) to notice

SammyToronto's gear list:SammyToronto's gear list
Canon EOS 350D Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus PEN E-PL5
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yep!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow