ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
J Posthuma
Contributing MemberPosts: 603Gear list
Like?
Need a little bit of advice - bats in flight
Oct 16, 2012

Dear Pentaxians,

A few days ago I captured my first one. Today I managed to shoot a few more pictures. I will share in this thread the best and the one of a few days back.

This one is the first usable that I shot

And here the best of today

What have I tried to do and how it works out:

- DA*50-135mm at 50mm

- I set the distance at around 5 meter

- The first shot is quite well exposed. Flash (Metz 58) fired at full capacity. F8 ISO 640

- The second shot at F22, ISO1600 but flash at 1/4 of its power, underexposed and grainy.

Why reduce the flashes power? I figured that its pulse will be shorter and therefore I might get less movement. Also I figured that, as there seems to be no chance for focusing, I closed the diafragm to 22 for more depth of field. But it results in underexposure and grainyness.

I use LR3 for development, used for the second picture  +0.30 exposure, sharpening at 80, radius 1.0, details 25 and mask 10, luminace at 0, colour noise at 55 and details 50. So her I might do a better job.

Probably the next time I will try to use F8, ISO400. Still use 1/4 of the flashes power.

What do you Pentaxians advise? First about the shooting params. But secondly and maybe more important my PP, not my strongest point. How to advance?

I am very thankfull in advance for your thoughts and advise!

-- hide signature --

Kind Regards / Met vriendelijke groet,
Jetze

J Posthuma's gear list:J Posthuma's gear list
Pentax K20D Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow