Pentax UK Service how mad should I be !!!

Started Oct 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
Steamie
Forum MemberPosts: 79Gear list
Like?
Re: Pentax UK Service how mad should I be !!!
In reply to Chris Mak, Oct 16, 2012

Actually I think Johnsons Photopia are dreadful !
The zoom ring seized on my Da* 16-50 I sent it to them last September to be repaired... it took them 7 weeks and £120 to repair and return lens. Albeit the zoom seemed to have a lot more resistance in general use and it was returned with a Nikon lens cap on it ! The weekend I received it back I used it on a paying job (Wedding) and the zoom ring sieized again... I called first thing on the monday morning and complained so they arranged a pickup of the lens, it was repaired again and returned a week later... still with the Nikon lens cap on it and tbh the zoom was a wee bitty stiff still.. 
The zoom ring seized solid again in May of this year !! Tbh at this point I had no option but to purchase another Da*16-50 as I use this equipment professionally and can't afford to be lugging around gear that is not fit for use. I am just about to send off my faulty copy of the lens once more to see if they can fix it so I have the lens as a backup. 
It's the one thing ( other than a sync speed of 1/180) that makes me consider moving away from Pentax. Canon & Nikon both have professional services to cover breakdowns etc but Pentax after sales service is woeful.

Steamie's gear list:Steamie's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow