New MemberPosts: 17Gear list
Like?
Re: How to reproduce zoom bug...
In reply to Yemble, Oct 16, 2012

Yemble wrote:

tbcass wrote:

Yemble wrote:

Seriously ???

You obviously never preview photos on the LCD then.

On the contrary I do it all the time and have never had that error message. Why is it just because one person has a problem people think everybody must also have the problem? Maybe it has something to do with the memory card you are using or the way you are reviewing. The OP said it happens when he uses the control wheel which I don't do. I use the 4 way controller on the back of the camera. Could you describe exactly what you are doing when it happens so I can try to duplicate it?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25301400@N00/

1) Take a photo

2) Press AF/MF to zoom in

3) Rotate front wheel to select previous photo

BTW, you cannot use the controller to select a different photo when zoomed in, as it simply pans within the current photo.  This is nothing to do with memory cards, it is simply a bug within the A77 firmware.

No issues for me with 1.05.

However I have had the "unable to magnify" issue ONLY when trying to zoom in on photos taken with other cameras.

Basically: I get the "unable to magnify" trying to zoom photos taken with my 14mpix NEX-5 on the a77 and similarly I get the "unable to magnify" when trying the vice versa, viewing 14 mpix photos taken with the NEX-5 on the a77.

Photos I've taken with the a77 has never had that problem, then again I'm using one of those 32GB 95mb UHS-1 card.

-- hide signature --

~Timmy Fox~

Timmy Fox's gear list:Timmy Fox's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony SLT-A77 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow