Started Oct 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
esco
Senior MemberPosts: 1,780
Like?
Re: Not sure why you're making it difficult for yourself
In reply to Trevor Carpenter, Oct 16, 2012

Trevor Carpenter wrote:

esco wrote:

Canikon are really the only ones that have a worthy enough af to be used by sports and wildlife professionals.

Another completely pointless post.  Is this just trolling?  As I have said already today on another post on the micro 4/3s forum, none of us need telling that if we have big cameras and big lenses we can take very good pictures.  A lot of us however have many other criteria to consider, price, ergonomics, weight, size etc.  And for us Oly have gone furthest to meeting those criteria, although admittedly they aren’t anymore

To say that 4/3s shooters don’t shoot action or wildlife suggests that you have never participated in this forum.  I’m proud of what I have achieved and given those aforementioned criteria I don’t believe any other manufacturer would have given me a better solution.

I have lots of Canikon acquaintances who do no better than me and admittedly there are also those who do much better than me but they pay for it with a failure to meet my criteria and nearly always with price.

-- hide signature --

No I didn't say there weren't any sports or wildlife shooters here, I was in fact one of them! I shoot motor sports every summer into the fall, i've moved onto canon for a reason but I still have 4/3's gear. What I did say was that most weren't and aren't sports shooters and that holds true considering that most sports and wildlife shooters do not shoot olympus, it's no secret that olympus is not known to excel in this genre of shooting. That's not trolling, that's the facts and just because you may not agree does not make me a troll. I'm not belittling anyone's skill or doubting the results attained, hey i've been around since the e-300/e1 and shot many races with that camera. I'm just telling it how it is - look around you, goto some sporting events. Lets not be silly here.

-- hide signature --

Oldschool Evolt shooter

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow