Thinking about changing to M4/3

Started Oct 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
David J Barber
Regular MemberPosts: 468Gear list
Like?
Re: Thinking about changing to M4/3
In reply to Andy Hewitt, Oct 16, 2012

Andy Hewitt wrote:

I suppose I could consider an E-400, or something like that, which would meet more of my needs.

Cheers

-- hide signature --

Andy Hewitt
Using Olympus E-1 and Mac Mini.

Hi Andy. I have an E-400 and for landscapes, it's got wonderful colours. It (not me) still takes great pictures, but I want a bit more high ISO than it can deliver to try new photography.

I really want Oly to bring an E-xxx size body out, as the E-400 is a perfect size for me. The Pens and E-M5 are just too small, and the cost of the 4/3 adapter and grips for the latter makes it an expensive choice: out of my price range.

To be honest, though, as most of my shots are still landscapes, I'm finding it hard to justify any upgrade. I'd like to get more street/night shots, but these are few and far between and, though I'd do more if I had more, I'm still happy with the E-400. (Has no live view - check the specs.)

David.

-- hide signature --

David J Barber's gear list:David J Barber's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow