Why is it that when I shoot in RAW, I don't like the results as good a JPG Fine?

Started Oct 15, 2012 | Questions thread
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 11,896Gear list
Like?
Re: Why is it that when I shoot in RAW, I don't like the results as good a JPG Fine?
In reply to David Nall, Oct 16, 2012

David Nall wrote:

BillCarr wrote:

David Nall wrote:

I am shooting with a NEX5 and NEX7 and it is the same story for both.  Anyone else have the same problem?  The colors in RAW just don't look like they should

With more than 10,000 forum posts to your credit I assume that you know that RAW images are not final images, and that the advantages to shooting RAW are that it gives you the flexibility and control to process your images to your liking, right?

I guess I am just not used to the Sony ARW files so will keep working on it.  I have to say Nikon NEF files along with NX2 are much better IMHO.  Maybe I am expecting to much from a smaller  camera.  Dave

-- hide signature --

Visit my gallery at http://davesphotography9173.zenfolio.com/
View of Yosemite Valley, Bridalveil fall 4 frame vertical pano taken from the tunnel parking lot.
http://davesphotography9173.zenfolio.com/img/s2/v58/p1109307522-2.jpg

Size of camera body has nothing to do with what you get in RAW file. The very purpose of RAW is to deliver image file without finishing touches and maximizing flexibility. But, none of such claims are meaningful unless you describe these differences you speak of with images being supplied as samples. And in case of RAW, feel free to use dropbox so some of us can take a look and properly address your concerns.

-- hide signature --

Sony A55, Sony NEX-3, Sony F828

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow