Started Oct 15, 2012 | Questions thread
Marc
Regular MemberPosts: 231Gear list
Like?
Re: Marc...
In reply to exdeejjjaaaa, Oct 16, 2012

exdeejjjaaaa wrote:

Marc wrote:

>  I think I have found another piece in the puzzle. On the E-M5, under the cogs E menu, there are 2 settings: Metering and AEL Metering. It turns out that AEL metering includes FEL. By default I think this is set to Auto, which means that AEL will use the same mode as Metering. But you can change it to anything you want. I've set mine with Metering set to matrix, and AEL Metering to spot. I am hoping this will allow me to use M mode to adjust for ambient lighting and meter that using matrix, but use a half press and hold to lock in the centre spot for AEL/FEL and recompose for the shot. I'll run some tests and report back.

do you try to meter the flash output off the subject (A) that is actually not the subject (B) in focus ?

No. I want the focus point correctly exposed but want to be able to meter and expose the background ambient light separately. What I'm trying to avoid is the TTL flash trying to bring the whole scene up to 0 EV rather than just the subject.

Marc's gear list:Marc's gear list
Canon PowerShot S30 Canon EOS D30 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EF 28-105mm f/4.0-5.6 USM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow