Please list dslm or dslr cameras that have power zooms- zooming is by a lever or button ? Not manual

Started Oct 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Wally626
Senior MemberPosts: 1,761
Like?
Re: Please list dslm or dslr cameras that have power zooms- z
In reply to Nano princess, Oct 16, 2012

Nano princess wrote:

Wowzer the world of cameras are way to overwhelming for me,  I thought I narrowed it down,  wrong...wrong.,.wrong..  I purchased a camera a few years ago when it first was released the cannon sx1 .  Honestly even at that time I thought I wante a dslr but way to overwhelmed,  yesterday I finally got a chance to get out and hit the local stores testing cameras but no one at any of these chain stores had a clue how to explain anything to Me.

I thought I wanted the cannon powershot sx50, or  Panasonic fz2the either at the stores although they did have the cannon sx40.  Then I played with the nex5

Heres what I don't like, having to manually zoom.... I liked the nex 5 and even the rebel t4i but manually zooming slows this newbie down way to much.  I will miss so many shots I know it.  Let alone I take yucky photos.

I want a camera I can set in auto but get fabulous shots and learn on..without using my hands just to zoom.

If you are holding a typical DSLR correctly then your fingers on your support hand are generally pretty close to the zoom ring, so zooming is pretty easy. However if you need power zoom you can get a lens for m4/3 the with the PanasonicLumix G X Vario PZ 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 Power O.I.S. Lens. You can use the lens with either a Panasonic m4/3 camera or an Olympus camera. Something like the Lumix DMC-G5 Digital Camera would fit your budget. Another option is the NEX line from Sony with the new 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Alpha E-mount Retractable Zoom Lens. Something like the Alpha NEX-6 Mirrorless Digital Camera would fit your budget.

NEX-VG30 Camcorder with 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 Power Zoom Lens does stills like any NEX camera but also does very good video and has wide range power zoom lens.The other type of cameras that use zoom lenses are video cameras. Sony has released a 18-200mm zoom lens for there NEX line of video cameras, a lot more money but very versatile. 

What cameras would you suggest.

I have kids, chickens, peacocks, goats, pet pig,ferret,hedgehogs,guinea pigs, goats having babies soon,wildlife all around me,saltwater tanks,koi ponds...hence I have tons of subjects Iwant great photos.  So tired of being apart of forums and my photos look blah blah blah...their was a chicken photo contest.  They loved the photo but said it just wasn't crisp enough.( a dyed chicken - pink, for a wedding we had here...and not good enough for their calender.  But gorgeous and unique photo.

Please help me decide my next camera. Budget is 1200.00 with needed lens preferably purchasing one extra lens that a do it all for most shots.  Or a bridge camera that allows me not to carry around lenses.  I use a huge purse on the go so placing acamera and one lens will be okay for me( I think)

Not sharp photos are generally not due to the camera, at lest once you move above bottom end camera phones, but are due to technique. Camera or subject movement, not focused correctly, too shallow depth of field, to high of ISO settings. The best compact camera as far as image quality goes now is the Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 Digital Camera.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow