ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jfk
jfk
Senior MemberPosts: 2,931
Like?
1" sensor superzoom thoughts
Oct 16, 2012

I've been thinking if Sony's next iteration of their superzoom, let's say HX300V, will incorporate the 1" 20mp sensor of the RX100.  Wondering if it would be possible to keep the same zoom range and camera size if they design an f2.8 to f5.6 lens around this sensor?    Fixed 2.8 would be nice but I don't think that would happen.

Just some random thoughts,  but in lite of Panasonic's fixed 2.8 superzoom this is one way Sony could one-up the FZ200.  Not that I have anything against Panasonic;  they make great cameras.  It's just that the RX100 image quality is so good for a compact it would be intriguing to see the same technology in the HX200V update.

I think Sony would miss a great opportunity if they do not bring this to market with the success they're having with the RX100.  I for one would be extremely interested in such a camera.

jfk

Panasonic Lumix DMC-F5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX200V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX300 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow