A580 upgrade ?

Started Oct 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Maxeyesore
Regular MemberPosts: 415Gear list
Like?
Re: A580 upgrade ?
In reply to deek11, Oct 16, 2012

deek11 wrote:

Thanks for the feedback guys - informative and helpful.

General opinion seems to be to stick with the A580 for now and confirms what I suspected.

Yep good luck man. I know it is fun and exciting to open that new box but as others have said it would be a step backwards for you. I personally just upgraded about 3 weeks ago and was faced with the same issue. I do shoot in not so good light often, I crop often, the difference was I was upgrading from an a33. Your a580 is infinitely better than an a33 though lol, I ended up buying a K30 and am sooooo happy.

Sony has cameras that are good at certain things, but lately it's not good at what I need. Not saying you should swap brands (replacing lenses can get $pendy), but I only had $800 or so sunk in sony altogether so I made a choice. I also had a clear upgrade path in pentax, albeit in future releases. Either way, happy shooting.

PS- My a33 still gets use, but from my little one now. He loves being able to zoom with my 75-300. I started photog at 32, he is starting at 8. Hey, life is about give them what we didn't have right. Good luck.

-- hide signature --

To see is to believe...PENTAX

Maxeyesore's gear list:Maxeyesore's gear list
Sony SLT-A33 Pentax K-5 IIs
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow