Started Oct 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Simon97
Senior MemberPosts: 2,380Gear list
Like?
Refurbished Nikon J1
Oct 16, 2012

I bought my J1 refurbished for $319 including the kit lens. For those who might want to save some money but are concerned about a refurbished product, here's what I got.

The camera came in a white box with a label stating that it was refurbished by Nikon and included a 90 day warranty. Inside the box, the camera, and lens came in bubble wrap. The USB cord and strap looked like they were quickly wrapped and tossed in the box (not like the fresh from factory look). Because there was no original packing box and material, the items were kind of scattered inside.

The camera and lens came completely new looking. Not a fingerprint or mark. The charger did have a minor scuff. I tested the lens quality, flash, VR and a bunch of other functions to be sure all was well. I checked the sensor on low light for banding, lines and dead pixels. No problems!

If you want to get the camera at a deep discount, go for it, however, if you like the "new in the box" look plus full warranty, then it is not for you. I bought my camera from Adorama, but I now see Cameta has refurbished factory demos for as low as $269 (J1 + lens kit) and some Refurbed V1s as well.

Simon97's gear list:Simon97's gear list
Canon PowerShot A800 Nikon 1 J1 Nikon 1 S1
Nikon 1 J1 Nikon 1 V1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow