Help me avoid a domestic - a57 kit lens thoughts appreciated.

Started Oct 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Gavin69
Junior MemberPosts: 36Gear list
Like?
Help me avoid a domestic - a57 kit lens thoughts appreciated.
Oct 16, 2012

Okay I need some advice to stop me getting into hot water with the other half.

I’d just about set my sights on the Sony a57 with kit lens, making the call in my own mind that I’d be better off investing in lens that the extra cash for the a65 or even a77.

I was looking to buy the a57 now and then replace the kit lens by middle of next year.  At first look the Sony 16-50mm kit would be my first choice.

But as this retails for over £500 its puts this set up into the same price bracket as the A77 with comes with the 16-50mm as standard.

Here’s the dilemma, the A57 and 16-50mm lens brought separately will cost me about £1,050, only £200 less than the A77 with 16-50mm. Surely then the a77 is worth the extra £200.  For me the weather sealed body would be the extra that most appeals.

I need to figure out how I sell what was going to be a £500 camera now being a £1200 camera to my wife!

I don’t think anyone here can help with that but I hoping someone can any help by sharing their thoughts on the a57 standard kit lens 18-55mm.  Is it so bad I’d need to replace it?

Thanks for your help.

Gavin

Ps Camera’s main use would be stills and videos of kids running around in and out the house and landscapes.

Gavin69's gear list:Gavin69's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Sony SLT-A58 Sony DT 50mm F1.8 SAM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM +1 more
Sony SLT-A57 Sony SLT-A65 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow