Started Oct 16, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
riphotobug
Junior MemberPosts: 26
Like?
Advice needed with Panasonic FZ40 settings
Oct 16, 2012

I am a amateur Photo hobbyist and bought the FZ40 2yrs ago to carry in my purse as an all around camera for when I do not want to lug my DSLR with filters.  Since I am in a Photo club that does competition, I need to be able to get good quality pics.  My issue is that my images are not consistently sharp.  I know it is not a DSLR but if some pics can be spot on then why not most? Have come to the conclusion it is me that is having the issue, not the camera.  I ususally shoot in 'P' or 'A' mode and am constantly changing settings to find the best one for the situation.  Have not been able to master Manual yet.  Can anyone recommend settings that would be effective in most situations.  I have my Aspect Ratio set to 4:3, Picture size is 14M, Quality is the highest before Raw with jpg. Auto Focus and Metering Modes are centered. ISO Limit set to 800 and IE Exposure is off. Keep going through the manual but still not getting optimal settings.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Taking it on a Fall Foliage Train trip this weekend and would like to come back with some decent shots.  Thanks in advance

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ40 (Lumix DMC-FZ45)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow