Mako2011
Forum ProPosts: 16,249
Like?
do the same
In reply to olyflyer, Oct 16, 2012

olyflyer wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

Aragis wrote:

I've just got my D800 replaced. I requested the highest serial number they had.

The higher the serial number is not actually a newer model.  Nikon's serial numbers do not match up in that higher does not mean newer

So far, I haven't encountered any problems, 24-120mm, 17-55mm 2.8 DX and 50mm 1.4 worked fine without fine tuning. I didn't do any tests, nor will I. If real life results are sharp enough, who cares? 80-200 is still problematic, I guess it just doesn't go together well with a D800. Until I've saved enough money for a 70-200 VRII, I'll just focus on nose-tips and shoot at f/8

I would check for the left focus issue though....you do not want to find out you have it well down the road.

Thanks for the replies

Good luck in all things

I agree

I agree with you, but on the other hand, if real life results are satisfying why bother with all the tests? I have also tested my new D800 for the left AF "issue" but could not find any problems, which was what I expected.  with you, but on the other hand, if real life results are satisfying why bother with all the tests?

Because his "real life" might not point to a known issue before warranty runs out.

I have also tested my new D800 for the left AF "issue" but could not find any problems, which was what I expected.

I only suggest he do the same.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow