Nikon Melville may have fixed my D800 Left AF defect ...

Started Oct 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ne beginner
Senior MemberPosts: 2,008Gear list
Like?
Re-opened the case ...
In reply to SAAdFlyer, Oct 16, 2012

After the first repair in July, Nikon closed the case several weeks later, sending me an email to that effect.  I responded by detailing my detailing the status, and telling them the case should remain open.  I requested that they notify me when they were ready and set up for a more complete fix.  Several weeks ago I received an email from Nikon requesting the camera for a second look. I was lucky in that I could tune the lenses so that the body was useful while waiting.

So I suspect having an open case was perhaps the trigger.  You may want follow the same route. I was also specific in requesting that the repaired unit be inspected post repair to ensure that all AF points, all banks, are accurate, and re-calibrate as needed,re-ckecking each time, to ensure no front or back focus and all banks accurate.  Figured that should be SOP, but you never know.  Sometimes it's best to spell everything out in detail.

I still need to to more checking on the left bank just to be 100% sure, but so far all banks seem consistent with what I would expect from the lenses.

ne beginner's gear list:ne beginner's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow