Nikon needs to make a constant f/4 tele

Started Oct 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
photoad
Contributing MemberPosts: 568Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon needs to make a constant f/4 tele
In reply to Leonard Shepherd, Oct 16, 2012

Leonard Shepherd wrote:

Those of us using Nikon for more than a decade have been asking for a 70-200 f4 VR for around 10 years.

I sold my 300 f4 AF-s and 80-400 VR 3.5 years ago having convinced myself upgrades should be due. I am still waiting!

Digressing the Thailand flood may have delayed some lens launches. The availability of better and more affordable FX bodies probably means Nikon are now very busy increasing existing FX lens production.

My guess is, but for the Thailand flood, a 70-200 f4 VR (or similar) would have followed the 16-35 and 24-120 f4 optics.

-- hide signature --

Leonard Shepherd
Many problems turn out to be a lack of intimate knowledge of complex modern camera equipment.

NO NO NO

Fast glass.

There is no substitute for fast glass.  All these threads give Nikon the idea that F4 and worse is a good idea.  Why take 10,000 dull photographs at F4 when you can take a great one at F1.4?  Head for the stars, wallowing in mediocrity is a waste of life.   Let start asking for a fixed F2.0 zoom and F1.0 primes.

photoad's gear list:photoad's gear list
Nikon D3 Nikon D200 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow