lens correction is apply to RAW in Sony IDC ? not just in jpeg?

Started Oct 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jefftan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,112
Like?
lens correction is apply to RAW in Sony IDC ? not just in jpeg?
Oct 16, 2012

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonynex7/15

below are quote from dpreview nex 7 review.  First time I know that Sony IDC raw conversion will also do lens correction

I used to think one have to shoot jpeg in order to have lens correction

In-camera lens corrections

Like other recent Sony models, the NEX-7 comes with optional in-camera corrections for certain lens aberrations. Sony calls these tools 'lens compensation' and they come in three flavors - 'Shading', 'Chromatic Aberration' and 'distortion'. When these functions are activated (separately or en masse) in the setup menu, the camera will attempt to reduce the respective effects based on Sony's profile of the lens in use. On the NEX-7 Shading and CA compensation are turned on by default - Distortion is turned off.

Lens corrections only work with native E-mount lenses - i.e. not with Alpha lenses on either of the LA-EA adapters. Sony's Image Data Converter software will silently apply whatever lens corrections were enabled at the time of shooting when it's converting RAW files, and there's no obvious option to disable this (so you're stuck with whatever options you selected at the time of shooting).

Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow