My SLR Magic HyperPrime LM 50mm T0.95 Review!

Started Oct 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
deep7
Contributing MemberPosts: 707Gear list
Like?
Re: My SLR Magic HyperPrime LM 50mm T0.95 Review!
In reply to facewashwas, Oct 16, 2012

facewashwas wrote:

deep7 wrote:

The lens which is the subject of this thread is so different that it is hard to imagine it was made by the same people!  So sorry to hear about the problems.  I'd be gutted.

-- hide signature --

Don.
A Land Rover, a camera ... I'm happy!

Thanks! I feel the same way. I also feel like the lens SteveHuff received for his review was so precise to detail that it was necessary to impress him and the public that yes SLR Magic is capable of making such a lens. But when SLR Magic mass produced the lens on a scale of 10/month, it feels as though they couldn't provide that much level of detail and attention to each lens as they did to stevehuff and his meetup attenders. Thus this is where my RF lens copy landed- quite the completely opposite of stevehuff's world premiere copy.

After all, it's money that counts in the end. Oh, and guess what? Via Paypal, by the time the person get's their lens, they can't say no because a full refund is out of the question seeing that it takes 2-3 months for the lens to arrive. Buyer takes a huge hit via paypal.

Actually, reading into this a bit more, I don't think you have fully accounted for the fact that your lens is not a regular production lens - you specifically asked for a particular version which is pre-production only and therefore is not a new lens.  Pre-production items, such as the one I have here, are produced specifically for testing, allowing last minute improvements before production.

Now I see Andrew has offered to honour the warranty on the lens, which is as it should be.  I think people reading this thread should understand that your review is not of a typical production item and the issues you have encountered are beyond normal quality control.

That said, I am surprised SLR Magic let the item slip out without a better check.  My experience suggested the company are normally more careful than that.

-- hide signature --

Don.
A Land Rover, a camera ... I'm happy!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow