DPP, LR4 and 5D MKIII

Started Oct 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
plautoq Regular Member • Posts: 118
DPP, LR4 and 5D MKIII

Dear DPExperts...

I shot a night football game using RAW, and of course I had to rely on the high ISO capabilities of the 5D MKIII. I processed all photos through LR4, and for my surprise I notice an amount of noise that I did not expect to have. I reprocessed some of the RAW files using DPP, and the noise was more compatible with my previous experience (I shot in the same venue 2 weeks ago using JPEG only). I'm still getting familiar with the camera, but I though that was interesting. Most shots were at ISO 6400 and I was comparing to the same frames (JPEG straight from the camera) from the previous week. They are close to what I've got from DPP, and better than LR4 JPEGs. Am I missing something on LR4 ? Is there a particular setting I have to use to get similar performance between DPP and LR4 (I have the latest patch on both). Thanks for sharing your experiences. And be gentle in saying that I don't know what I'm doing (because I really have limited experience - trying to learn). Thanks again.

plautoq's gear list:plautoq's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4
Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow