Please provide feedback/advice on my i7 system build....

Started Oct 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
robertfel
Contributing MemberPosts: 702Gear list
Like?
Re: Please provide feedback/advice on my i7 system build....
In reply to glasswave, Oct 16, 2012

I'd advise you go post in this forum: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum-31-322.html

Use the sticky about how to post a question and use www.pcpartpicker.com
Though your question may already be answered, there are a lot of great build suggestions in there.

Firstly, as someone said, get a better SSD, like a Samsung 830 or Crucial M4. The 840 is coming out soon if you can wait. Skip SSD Raid 0. Some MBs can actually TRIM in RAID0 SSD with Intel's latest software, but not worth the trouble. If you want to go nuts, get 3 SSDs, 1 for OS, 1 for apps, 1 for scratch.

You'll need Windows 7/8 Pro or higher to take advantage of more than 16GB RAM.

If you're going to be doing a lot of HD video editing (I mean professionally), then the I/O performance will be important. You'll probably want big 7200rpm HDs in some form of RAID for that.

I just built a 3770k system for Photoshop since my 3 year old system was slow with D800 files.

robertfel's gear list:robertfel's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow