BarcaFan
Forum MemberPosts: 68Gear list
Like?
Re: Bracketing with the K5
In reply to Peteo, Oct 15, 2012

Peteo wrote:

BarcaFan wrote:

Peteo wrote:

I utilize the bracketing feature all the time in Aperture Priority and have never had this issue.  You may be correct that it depends on the Mode setting but I can't see why in Manual it would make changes unless that's the only way it can under and over expose.  I would think in Manual Mode it would adjust only the shutter speed.  I'll try it tonight as see what I come up with on my K5

Peteo

Cool, let me know what you come up with.

Just did the test using both 3 and 5 bracket shots with the exposure set to manual.  In both tests it changed both the aperture and shutter speed while the ISO remained constant.  I'm not sure if this would be a big deal or not when utilizing Photomatix though as long as their is no movement of the camera.  I also checked the manual and it states no issues while using bracketing in manual mode, only in Bulb can it not be used.

Hope this helps.

Peteo

Thanks for verifying this.  So it sounds like this is the correct behavior if bracketing in Manual mode. I think it will affect your HDR if left in this mode and Aperture changes with each shot as that will change the focal point on each frame. They may state no issues if you plan only using one image from the string of images but if you try to combine them i think you will have problems.

BarcaFan's gear list:BarcaFan's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow