Received my RX100 - realise Canon's Strengths.

Started Oct 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
peterharvey
Regular MemberPosts: 361Gear list
Like?
Re: Received my RX100 - realise Canon's Strengths.
In reply to peterharvey, Oct 15, 2012

Yes, the lubricant in the RX100's front ring seems to be too viscous. If my memory is correct, the front ring in the S100 is lighter to use.

Canon always has a "delete" function built into the 7-way navigation control at the rear; easy for the novice to work out. However with the RX100, we must go into the menu system to delete the photo or video. Not so easy for the first time user, but I figure it out after a while. It's okay I guess. I guess I'll get used to it.

The RX100 flash's long diaphragm design is much better than the S100's. I wish the RX100's flash would have a motorised close as well, because the manual close seems flimsy and not so durable.

If Canon could create a compact with the latest big 1" sensor, combined with their styling and ergonomics, then that would be a ripper, and it would be all over for the RX100, but until then, the RX100 presently still has the edge as a package.

peterharvey's gear list:peterharvey's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS 70D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow