MacBook Pro 17"

Started Oct 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
justinrphillips
Regular MemberPosts: 161Gear list
Like?
Re: MacBook Pro 17"
In reply to Oly E10, Oct 15, 2012

The 17" is a great machine I just found that it gets really painful to be mobile with, even if you are just sitting on the couch.  I do think 15" is a better option but I settled on a 2011 13" with i7.  A couple things to note, you can pick up a Samsung 128gb SSD for $79 or less which makes a great OS disk, and then you can remove the DVD player and add another one.

I ended up with an i7 13" with a 500gb and 256gb SSD and 16gb of ram.  If I would have gotten I 15" I could have had the quad core i7 but the 13" for me is the ultimate in mobility and has the ability to last a long time on battery.  If you dont think you need that then 17" is great, but you dont need the Retina display to have a great 15" MBP and still have an awesome machine.

Also if you are an ipad user the app called Air Display becomes an amazing 2nd monitor for photoshop tools, however that does not really mean anything for what size MBP but I found when I am mobile the 13" and iPad make a great combo and then I move to my big 27" monitor when I am home.

justinrphillips's gear list:justinrphillips's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D800 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow