My SLR Magic HyperPrime LM 50mm T0.95 Review!

Started Oct 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
deep7
Contributing MemberPosts: 698Gear list
Like?
Re: My SLR Magic HyperPrime LM 50mm T0.95 Review!
In reply to A Guy Platt, Oct 15, 2012

A Guy Platt wrote:

Thanks for taking the time to post your review here. It made for some interesting reading. From your description of the manufacturing standard I wonder what sort of life span these lenses will have.

I know that Steve Huff is displaying advertisements for the company on his site, and he has a very favorable report on the lens. I hope his reputation doesn't go down the drain if a high percentage of these lenses fail over the next few years.

Regards
  Guy
My Flickr photostream

I think Steve is likely being honest.  I was sent a Hyperprime 12/1.6 m4/3 lens for evaluation and the quality was first class.  Everything was very, well, German, if that makes sense?  Smooth, clean, precise, all as it should be.  An excellent lens optically too.  After a year, it is holding up perfectly.  I have nothing but praise for such a special piece of glass.  If Steve's lenses were like this, no wonder he is so positive.

The lens which is the subject of this thread is so different that it is hard to imagine it was made by the same people!  So sorry to hear about the problems.  I'd be gutted.

-- hide signature --

Don.
A Land Rover, a camera ... I'm happy!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow