Started Oct 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Fike
Regular MemberPosts: 188
Like?
Please help me Confirm OM-D Interface Oddity
Oct 15, 2012

Originally I thought this oddity was a function of my upgrade to the ill-fated  1.2 firmware that I installed.  Now that I have 1.5 successfully installed, the peculiarity remains.  Let me describe it.

As you may know, you can change the EVF display format so that the text overlays the image or not, and so you can choose a blue bar at the bottom of the display where your exposure properties, EV gauge, and etc... are found.  I don't like the image attributes on top of the image view. I prefer the blue bar with the data outside the image area.  I changed my EVF to this setting--it's called style 1.

I also don't like the EVF auto switch feature (the one that changes to the EVF when you put your eye to it and then changes back to the LCD when you take it down). I set that to off and started using the EVF on/off button instead.

So here is the problem:

With the automatic EVF sensor turned off, you cannot set your EVF style to anything but the default style 3.

Am I right or is this a peculiarity with my camera?

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow