WHY would you purchase a FULL FRAME Pentax? (In point format)

Started Sep 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Kesha
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,955Gear list
Like?
Re: WHY would you purchase a FULL FRAME Pentax? (In point format)
In reply to RStyga, Oct 15, 2012

FF For me:

1. No Crop Factor, it means we can shot closer to the object (I do model photoshots, most).
2. Shot Closer means slower shutter speed and lower ISO.
3. Shot Closer means sharper.
4. Shot Closer means more accurate focus.
5. Shot Closer means the bokeh is nice with the wider background.
6. Field of View (background more wide)
etc.

Disadvantage:

FF camera is big, bulky and heavy.

months ago I want to move to Canon 5DM2, because the price dropped to very low and the lens like 70-200/F4 is very cheap compare to DA* 60-250/F4 (more than 2x), and I love Canon Lens 135/F2.
But after played for 1 hour with that 5DM2, I retreat and stay with Pentax because that Canon is very heavy and bulky compare to Pentax, this is not for me, I knew I would have problems with this things in the future.

Nikon D600 looks have the right size but their lenses are expensive, heavy and bulky also.
Now, I am waiting for small and compact Pentax FF, if they are not in the market, I will stay with my K7 forever.

RStyga wrote:

I've been using Pentax since my very DSLR-beginnings (together with other camera systems) and seen the hordes of people in this forum swearing by Pentax and then swearing at Pentax about a full frame DSLR. Although the advantages of FF in relation to APS-C has been amply elaborated, I'm not quite sure why the Pentax followers here favour a FF.

Please list in point format the reason(s) you would buy a FF Pentax; so that it is clear to me and to others.

Regards,

-- hide signature --

-- Rusma
my multiply : http://kesha.multiply.com

Kesha's gear list:Kesha's gear list
Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow