My SLR Magic HyperPrime LM 50mm T0.95 Review!

Started Oct 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
SLR Magic
Forum MemberPosts: 57
Like?
Re: My SLR Magic HyperPrime LM 50mm T0.95 Review!
In reply to SLR Magic, Oct 15, 2012

I see a few "dislikes" with the drop test suggestion where the HyperPrime survived. This is a clear example where we get the "boos" when lenses of another brand may be to a disadvantage for another lens. We obviously do not have a lot of support from this forum thread. We had a lot of support on mirrorless forums. Same brand but probably different brand loyalty.

This was a topic opened on the micro four thirds thread on dpreview two years ago.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/36108742

We got the feedback from users at dpreview forum on what lens they want and we made the lens. It was the HyperPrime CINE 12mm T1.6 lens that was one of the lenses used on the new Panasonic GH3 launch film.

We also made a new option for a equivalent 50mm T0.95 for APS-C cameras by offering the 35mm T0.95 lens. Here are some reviews on the Fuji EX1 and the NEX-7.
Almost Perfection - 1st Test of a SLR Magic HyperPrime CINE 35mm T0.95 prototype
EXCLUSIVE: SLR Magic 35mm 0.95 lens – FIRST LOOK on XE1 & OMD
We do not have the heritage like other brands as that would take years but we have been very active in providing more lens options for a market that had so far been monopolistic for the past 100 years.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow