My SLR Magic HyperPrime LM 50mm T0.95 Review!

Started Oct 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
macjonny1
Regular MemberPosts: 147
Like?
Re: My SLR Magic HyperPrime LM 50mm T0.95 Review!
In reply to SLR Magic, Oct 15, 2012

For sure a longevity test takes time.  I guess what I would be very very worried about though is the fact that people are getting these lenses and having an immediate worry that they would not stand the test of time.  I have not ever heard of this immediate feeling from a lens from Zeiss, Nokton, or Leica.

SLR Magic wrote:

To test if a lens function over time takes years. However, any lens need to be maintained for focus accuracy over time even if unused. The only test for build quality with immediate feedback is a drop test and our lens has been dropped by someone at the Steve Huff Los Angeles workshop from chest hight on concrete floor and still function properly. Maybe we someone can try a drop test with the other two 0.95 lenses to see how that would affect the lens. It is common for users to drop a lens or a bag on the table or floor. I say this because our lens has been dropped by users on the table at our shop and at Photokina by people trying the lens. It is a lot of psychological pressure when holding an expensive lens and when that happens lens gets dropped. For those who do not know the Noctilux and Canon f/0.95 lens are heavy lenses as well.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow